Sunday, January 24, 2010

Just a little excitement!

First off, beginning with last night, I found out that I have been invited to interview with Northern Arizona University for the Physical Therapy program in the Fall. I am so excited about the possibility of living there. If anyone is in the mood for a change of scenery...let me know :) As of now they are my first choice for school, but I guess I should wait until I get out there and get more of a feel for the school. Flagstaff here I come!

Next, I got off the phone with Sally Carlson tonight, she is the volunteer coordinator for Musana. We talked for a long time about what I would be doing in Iganga, Uganda. Musana (that's the name of the orphanage I'll be working in) holds lots of possibilities and opportunities. I could be educating the kids on health topics like hand washing and teeth brushing, teaching them sports or setting up local field days with other Igangan schools, volunteering with a PT in the local hospital...endless options. It is exciting to think about where the Lord may lead me while I'm there and the people I will come in contact with. I just finished writing a letter I'll be sending to let people know what I'll be doing the next few months. I had been going back and forth between feeling of nervousness and excitement the past couple weeks about my trip, but I am in full excitement mode tonight :).

I was encouraged by Isaiah 58:11 a few nights ago, "The Lord will guide you always: he will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose water never fails."

Ok well that's all for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment